23 July 2013

Bulgogi!


Have you ever had bulgogi?

I hadn't, but recently my husband and I were invited to Hanna and Hyunkwan's home for dinner--and, as you can see from the photo, it was wonderful!!

Hanna had prepared breaded pork cutlets and a salad (on the white plate) and bulgogi (on the black plate). When I first met Hanna, she said she didn't cook very much--but either she was being modest or she learns very quickly!



Don't you agree that it's pretty enough to be served at a restaurant? The cutlets were very tasty and moist, and Hanna had made a dip with steak sauce, garlic and honey. And the bulgogi was amazing--I think Korean food is much tastier than American food! Bulgogi is made from pork marinated in a Korean BBQ sauce, onions, carrots, garlic, broccoli, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey . . . and probably other things that I forgot to write down. I think there are various ways to make bulgogi, but in my opinion, this one is the best!




Our gracious hosts, Hanna and Hyunkwan!


This was a perfect end to the meal: Hanna Banana Smoothies! Look at all that honey drizzled over the top . . . 


Hanna and Hyunkwan are getting so good at making smoothies that I think they should open their own smoothie shop!



This was on the 4th of July. We were at Reed's Lake in East Grand Rapids, sharing a picnic, talking with friends, and waiting for the fireworks. It was a fun way to celebrate America's birthday! (To see more pictures from our day, go here)

No comments:

Post a Comment