08 April 2013

Rainbow Ripple (Lori)


To me, the best part of crocheting (other than having a legitimate excuse to buy yarn) is playing with all the pretty colors. I was carefully organizing some yarn one day (OK, I was actually procrastinating on doing laundry), and suddenly there was a rainbow of sorts on my dining room table. The colors were SO gorgeous together that I decided to make another ripple blanket!


I used a mix of Vanna's Choice and Simply Soft yarns (yes, I WILL be branching out into new yarns, but I need to use up some of my stash first!). I did a gradation kind of thing into the center, then worked back to the first color--does that make any sense? You can see in the picture that the row of green is the center, then I started going back the other direction.





Once again, I used the Neat Ripple pattern from Attic24, which you can find here. As Lucy would say, it's "easy peasy" and it's a great blanket to work on if you're trying to catch up on episodes of your favorite t.v. show. After the first row or two, it's almost impossible to make a mistake. Almost.




 I considered putting a straight edge on it, but honestly liked it better with the ripple edge. To reduce unwanted, wonky ripples, I used a size larger hook for the initial chain, and I also worked out of the back of the chain on the first row--that gives it a more substantial edge, I think, and it lays pretty flat.



Thanks again to Hanna for taking these pics--she's really captured the colors (and occasional cat hair or two) very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment