08 April 2013

Monkeying around (Lori)


I admit it--I love crocheting monkeys! Maybe it goes back to my childhood dream of having my own real monkey (my hubby vetoed this idea), but I think when I'm happy with a finished project, I want to try it again with different yarns and colors. 
These two friends were made with the same pattern (available free from here)--the only difference is the yarn and hook size. Big Monkey was made with Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice worsted-weight yarns and an F hook. He's about 8" tall sitting.

Little Monkey, on the other hand, was made with Comfy Fingering yarn from Knit Picks (you can drool over their wonderful yarns here.) I'm new to lighter-weight yarns; these are the first I've tried and I LOVED them! I think it's the mix of pima cotton in the yarn--my fingers were so happy as I was crocheting! (I used a C hook, and I liked the finished size of my monkey friend--about 5" sitting.)

I wired both the monkeys so that I can pose them--I used a craft wire on the big monkey, but found it was easier on the little one to use pipe cleaners. 

I'm considering adding a teeny tiny monkey made with crochet thread to my To-Do list!


1 comment:

  1. They look so cute!! I could feel your affection on monkeys :)

    ReplyDelete