08 April 2013

Verlyn's blanket (Lori)


I made this lap blanket for my hubby for Christmas. It's definitely a "no-brainer" pattern--but it still took me three or four tries to get right! (I obviously don't learn from my mistakes!) That's OK, though, because the finished blanket was worth a few extra redos!
  
 

These are some of my favorite colors--they make me think of the ocean. In fact, when I started this, it was going to reflect the colors of Sanibel Island, our favorite travel destination, but I quickly realized that I'd have to add pinks and peaches to make it a Sanibel blanket--not nearly "manly" enough! (The Sanibel Blanket is in process and should be finished within a week or so.)



The pattern for this blanket can be found here. I used all Simply Soft yarns (from Caron) and it's incredibly soft and snuggly. (For anyone that's curious, I used a size "I" hook, and started with a chain of 202. I don't have the exact measurements, but it's a nice long lap blanket--perfect for Michigan winters!)


No comments:

Post a Comment