08 April 2013

Random Ripple (Lori)



This is the first ripple blanket I made using the Neat Ripple pattern from Attic24 (find the pattern here). I LOVE this pattern! After you get past the first row, it's fairly mindless to work on, but with enough color changes so that it doesn't get boring.Admittedly, it's a little dizzying to see this all laid out, but it looks great all crumpled up around my legs as I'm reading! I like the "drape-iness" of this pattern.



I used yarn from Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice collection, and from Caron's Simply Soft collection. They're both worsted weight yarns, but the Simply Soft is a little finer and I was concerned how they would mix--no worries!
 


This is how it looks all crumpled--pretty, huh?



Kudos to Hanna for these photos! She even captured all the cat hair on the blanket!

1 comment:

  1. What were the color names? I love Vanna's Choice but not too sure about Caron's.

    ReplyDelete